On Tuesday, January 29, Society Hill Towers will host a Red Cross Blood Drive in collaboration with Penn’s Village and Society Hill Civic Association. All are welcome – either as blood donors or as volunteer greeters. Location is the Society Hill Towers Community Room (behind Zahav) at 285 St. James Place. Hours are from 9 am to 7 pm.
Blood donorsmay register at the Red Cross website: https://www/redcrossblood.org. Click on “Donate Blood”. Enter zip code “19106”or SOCIETY HILL TOWERSto select your appointment time. You will get a reminder email on January 29. You can also call 1-800-Red Cross.
Volunteers are needed for a two-hour block of time to welcome donors, check them in, verify their appointment time, and provide Thank You stickers. Contact drive organizer Mary O’Neill at email@example.com register for your preferred volunteer time.
What to expect:
- Bring photo ID or your Red Cross donor card – use RapidPass (*described below) – sent to you on January 29 in your email appointment reminder
- Before the blood drive – drink an extra 16oz. of water or other non-alcoholic fluids
- Be sure to have a healthy meal that day; Get a good night’s sleep
- Red Cross staff will also check your blood pressure, pulse and iron on site before donating
- Take time to enjoy a snack and a drink in the refreshment area after donating.
*What is RapidPass?
RapidPass offers you a way to complete pre-reading and donation questions online from home or office, reducing your time on site (about one hour). You will be sent RapidPass in your reminder email the day of your appointment – just read the information and answer the questions. Use a laptop or desktop computer. Print the pass or email the PDF to yourself – bring the paper pass or the email on your phone. RapidPass cannot be completed on a smartphone or tablet at presentand it can only be completed the day of … not before.